.

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Nvq 2 Health and Social Care

Give 3 exercises of what you can do in your day to day range to halt comparability and inclusion and reduce variation I could support equation and inclusion in my day to day lap up by involving everyone in activities and and making them feel included. I could as well as have chats with the run users to halt them feel comfortable and feel that just nearone c ars and is there for them when they feel dismantle and know that they can talk to me when ever they penury.I could reduce discrimination by chall(a)enging it and making sure that the person that discriminates realises it is the wrong thing to do and that they shouldnt do it again as it hurts peoples feelings, by telling them in a comfort and victor manner. I would also reduce physical barriers so if someone inviteed to function something off their way moreover couldnt move it themselves, I would move it for them so they can gain access to where they take to go.I also promote the help users dignity much(preno minal) as when they need to go to the toilet I would close the door so no one can see them and also when they are look atting wash and dressed I would close the curtains for their privacy. I would promote their rights and choices, by permit them wear what they want and do what they want if necessary as they whitethorn need a risk assessment if wanting to go stunned somewhere. Describe how you can repugn discrimination If I was challenging anti-Semite(prenominal) behaviour I would promulgate it to my supervisor and I would also let the person that discriminated against me know by telling them in a calm and professional manner.Also if a person was on activities and only when did activities with the women service users and non the male service users, I would thence approach that person and question why they wont do activities with the male service users and explain how it is discriminating against the male service users. Having staff training could also help challenge discr imination as it will show you if the situation really needs challenging, and how you could challenge it properly. Give examples below of legislation and codes of cause in relation to equality and diversity and discrimination that are relevant to you caprioles roleHuman Rights Act 1998 Disability inequality Act 1995 Disability Discrimination Act 2005 Equality Act 2010 function Relations Act 2000 Equality and Human Rights Commission If you were having difficulties promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in your tempt, what would you do? Include where you might go to find surface assertation and what support and advice you could access. If I was having problems promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in my work, I would access information and advice from my colleagues and feedback on my formula and take up the probability to do a professional development on myself.I could also get information and advice from the Sector Skills Council, Skills for attention and also loo k in books, journals and political science websites for current legislations and guidelines to help me promote equality, diversity and inclusion. What is barter Of Care? Duty of carefulness is a legal obligation towards children and adults using services that are required to work in the best interest of the child or adult and also using care practice which is not bad to wellness well- world and safety of the child or adult.Duty of care also means carrying out practice only within the services give level of competence, role and responsibility. Describe how the duty of care affects your own work role. Give an example where you have carried out duty of care with the various(prenominal)s you care for. Duty of care affects my work role, as I can only carry out duties for which I am competent and in my strain description and having to decline care work which is not. I have carried out duty of care in my work as I work in the best interest to the service users and that is competent t o my level and job description.I do this as I have to observe the service users, report any concerns to the supervisor and I work in line with the principles and codes of practice in my setting. I also follow standard procedures in my work including the use of resources and equipment and have regular updating of knowledge and skills. Give some example of dilemmas that whitethorn arise between the duty of care and an individuals rights. The dilemmas that may arise between the duty of care and an individuals rights is the balance between health and safety and the individuals rights.For example, the individual may want to go out on a walk but it is really cold and icy, so the service may respect the individuals rights but would gladly go along with the individual to make sure they are okay and do not fall. another(prenominal) dilemma is the right of the individual to make choices of their own care. For example, the individual may want to stay in their room all day, so the service will respect their choice, but will go up and defy on them every half an hour to see if they are all right.The concepts of mental capacity is another dilemma as the individual, may not have the mental capacity, so therefore, you cant really ask them what they want or what they would like to do. Asking the individuals family is a good way of acquire to know what the individual would like as they know them better than the service. For example the individuals family would know what the individual likes to wear, so the service would respect their wishes and put what they secern the individual likes to wear. Where would you get additional support and advice to help you resolve such dilemmas.I would get additional support from my line manager, Care Quality Standards, Ofsted, Tutor, Mentor, and professional bodies such as The Association of Health Care Professionals. An individual you care for is not happy about an aspect of their care and complains to you. How would you respond to the unso undness? I would respond to the complaint by listening carefully to the complaint, make love the individuals feelings, clarify and give advice on the procedures for complaining, focus on the problem and let my supervisor or line manager know about it, and meditate and if necessary, change practice and undergo training.Describe the main points of your organisations procedures for handling complaints. The service would defy them complaint records, identify what went wrong and would respond to the complainant within concur time, such as apologising or putting things right. Also the service would inform complainant of rights and who to complain to when complaints are not resolved. The service would also recoil on the complaints and improve the practice. Write a personal statement about how you handled an actual complaint you have dealt with.I handled a complaint once at dinnertime, as one service user wanted a burger with mashed potato, but there was no burgers left, so therefore h ad to have a pastelike and complained that the kitchen staff dont do enough food, so I therefore mouth to the individual in a calm and professional manner and verbalise I would talk to the supervisor and write it in the complaints book. I then told my supervisor that an individual was complaining about there not being enough food, and my supervisor spoke to the kitchen staff. The kitchen staff then reflected on their practice and now do enough food for each food option.

No comments:

Post a Comment